Wet Scrubbers are effective air pollution control devices that are ideal to remove particles and gases from the industrial exhaust streams. A Wet Scrubber is operated by introducing the dirty gas stream with a scrubbing liquid “Typically Water”. Particulate or gases are gathered in the scrubbing liquid. Wet Scrubbers are basically the most appropriate air pollution control device for gathering both gas and particulate in a single system.
Wet Scrubber Design
The design of the wet scrubbers depends on the industrial procedure conditions and the nature of the air pollutants that are involved in the device. Inlet gas features and dust properties are very important. Scrubbers can also be designed to gather particulates matter and gaseous pollutants. The skilfulness of Wet Scrubber allows it to be built in numerous configurations. And all are designed to offer good contact between the polluted gas and liquid gas streams.
Working Procedure of Wet Scrubbers
Water is the most common and excellent solvent that is used to remove inorganic contaminants. In the most basic form of the wet scrubbers, water is enclosed in a metal or the composite container, contaminated gas is moved through the water, the water after that absorbs the contaminates and clean has exited the scrubber. Apart from water, other liquids can be used as absorbent solutions to eliminate the varied contaminants effectively. Manipulating the chemical composition of the absorbing solutions changes the overall charge, which can be highly positively and negatively charged, or non-charged.
Because pollutants are different in their charge, the Wet Scrubbers are loaded with the liquid which will balk most efficiently to remove contaminants from the gas. The caustic solution is the most common scrubbing liquid that is used for acid-gas control though sodium carbonate and calcium hydroxide are also used.
Features of Wet Scrubber:
• It is highly effective and provides high collection efficiency of the gaseous and solid pollutant
• Fumes are also be absorbed
• Provides maximum pressure drop
• Complete wetting of the product
• Maintenance cost is low
• Capability to deal with high temperature
• Emission of minimum product through the exhaust
Advantages of Wet Scrubbers:
1. Consume Small Space: Scrubbers actually reduce the temperature and volume of the unsaturated exhaust streams. So, the vessel sizes, ducts, and fans downstream are smaller than those of other control devices. It results in lower capital costs and more flexibility.
2. No Secondary Dust Source: When the particulate matter is gathered, it cannot escape from the hoppers or during the transport.
3. Handles High-Temperature and High-Humidity Gas Streams: There is no temperature limit or condensation issue that can occur in bag-houses.
4. Minimal Fire and Explosion Hazards: It is commonly because various dry specks of dust are flammable. By using water removes the probability of explosions.
Clear Ion Experts Pvt. Ltd is a well-known company, engaged in manufacturing Wet Scrubbers. These scrubbers are designed with utmost care and precision to ensure its excellent performance and hassle-free functionality. These scrubbers are available in different technical specifications and at an affordable rate. The scrubbers are manufactured with advanced technologies so there is no risk of function and excellent performance. You can avail of these wet scrubbers from us in the shortest time frame.
Clear Ion Experts Pvt Ltd