As anyone hears the name of a swimming pool the person’s heart and mind instantly get filled with so much excitement and enthusiasm, swimming has been taken up by many people as their recreation activity and also it helps the people in keeping their body fit and fine and well in shape. One can say that it can be taken up as a productive hobby and also as a part of daily routine exercise.
But swimming is not all about excitement, enthusiasm, exercise, and being fit, fine, and in shape, there is much more that is there associated with it. Such as one needs to keep the swimming pool well maintained neat and clean all the time. Not many swimming pool users pay attention to that but yes that is a very important thing to be taken care of if one is a regular swimmer. As you look at the swimming pool it may appear a tedious task to the person considering the size of the pool and also a large amount of water that is there in it.
But the world is advancing every day in every field so the same goes for the process of swimming pool water treatment, there are various types of advanced filters also there are various cleaning chemicals that one can use in the swimming pool water for the purpose of disinfection.
As we are here to discuss the process of swimming pool water treatment, therefore, let us start that with the basics, and before getting into the technicalities of the treatment process let us, first of all, put our focus on the goals of this process.
The Goals of a swimming pool water treatment process are generally these as they have been given below:
- Keeping away all the bacteria from the water of the pool.
- Stopping the growth of algae in the pool water.
- Freeing of the pool water from all the toxic materials.
- To stop the unwanted smells and taste from getting into the pool water.
- Prevention of the pool surroundings from corrosion.
- Stopping the scale formation in the pool.
If all of these goals will not be achieved while using a pool then that would really be very harmful to the swimmers as then there are chances that they may fall prey to many harmful water-borne diseases and also they may develop various harmful infections and skin related issues. Achievement of these goals can only be done with the help of the water treatment process so regular conduct of it is very much important.
Now as we get into the details of a swimming pool water treatment process we can say that there is no standardized process that has to be followed. This treatment process may vary depending on many factors associated with the pool as well as the water in that pool. But still, there are certain general steps of treatment that are mostly taken while one treats the swimming pool water. So, let us take our discussion further, on the basis of those general steps of the swimming pool water treatment process.
Those general steps that are mostly taken while treating the pool water are as follows:
- The filters are installed in a pool keeping in mind the needed turnover rate and the amount of water that will be required for properly conducting the treatment.
- After that, comes the recirculation pump, the pump pulls the water from the pool, and the water is then passed through the filters.
- Then the pre-filtration system, it is actually the heart and part of the recirculation system; this basically keeps away all the foreign objects from the pump as well as the filters.
- Then in the next step, the PH levels of the water are provided an adjustment as per the requirement.
- After that, as the last step of the swimming pool water treatment process the water is disinfected and is provided with oxidation with the motive of improving the oxygen levels in the water of the pool.
So, these are some general steps that are taken by the people for the process of water treatment in the pool though these steps are subject to change depending on the size of the pool and on the quality of the water that has to be treated.