Swimming pools as we all know are very popular among the people not just in India but all over the world and also swimming is taken as a great fitness activity by many of the people. Some of the people also are seen taking up swimming as their hobby and that has been the secret of fitness for many. Other than that nowadays it can be seen that most of the well to do rich business class families living in big size bungalows take up swimming pools as a status symbol or also one can say that those families get so much busy and loaded with work in their day to day lives that it just becomes next to impossible for them to go out for the purpose of exercises and thus they try to get their fitness arrangements at their homes or in their offices only and as a result, they get a gym setup or sometimes they get a swimming pool installed at their place of comfort.
Yes, there are innumerable advantages associated with the use of a Swimming pool, but there is also a notion regarding the swimming pools and that is wastage water. People are often seen of the opinion that a lot of water gets wasted in and because of the swimming pools. Mostly this is seen as a major concern in some countries as water scarcity is something with which they are already struggling. So, whenever it comes to the installation of swimming pools in India people are often seen taking a backseat thinking of the amount of water that will be wasted.
Discussing the issue of water wastage in association with the swimming pools installation and use one can say that it can be a water wasting affair if one would not give proper maintenance to the pool. so, by this one can make out that wastage of water through the pool is not a thing that is bound to happen if one uses a pool rather it is an issue that can be dealt with easily by taking certain measures in regular practice.
So, today here in this guide we will be discussing the same measures that a person should practice regularly in order to avoid the issue of water loss or wastage of water because of the swimming pool.
The measures that one should keep in mind and should practice regularly for the maintenance of the swimming pool and for the prevention of the water loss issue are given as follows:
- Cool Pool: The user of the pool should make sure that the pool remains cool that is the temperature of the water in the pool should be kept cool. The water will evaporate soon if it will be warm or in other words, we can say that if its temperature will not be maintained properly.
- Simple accessories: No doubt the accessories used on a pool add attraction to its design and also they expand the surface area of the water but along with this expansion the water gets evaporated at a higher speed. One can keep the impact of the accessories to the minimum by switching them off during the time when the swimming pool is not in use.
- Pool covers: The measure for the prevention of water loss and for dealing with the wastage of water by the pool that is quite popular and is counted as the most effective is the pool covers. The pool covers can reduce the evaporation of the water up to 98 %.
- Keep away pets: if the pool owner also has a pet in the house or at the commercial setup wherever the pool has been installed, then it is advised that the pet should always be allowed in the pool only when the owner of the pool or someone from the family is around them. In order to prevent this issue of water loss the access to the pool should be limited for pets.
- Check the leaks: The swimming pool should be given a proper inspection regularly and should be checked for the presence of any sort of water leakage regularly. If during the inspection one gets to see any sort of leak then in that case that leak should be fixed then and there otherwise that may lead to a huge loss of water from the pool.
So, out of this discussion one can finally conclude that water loss from the swimming pools is not that big of an issue and it can be well handled just by applying some easy tips and tricks as they are given above. If the owner of the pool will be careful towards its maintenance the pool will automatically work very efficiently and also it will have a long durable life and thus the investment of the person using it will really be very fruitful.